Well today is the big day for me - my first AutoCAD 2006 presentation! It should be interesting to see how everyone reacts to the new features...your great emails about what you've seen so far have been very helpful (keep them coming please!).
A handy calculator built right into AutoCAD 2006
Let's face it, our work on AutoCAD can be filled with calculations - so it makes perfect sense to include one with the program.
For you power users who remember the Geometric Calculator command (‘CAL), you'll see some definite similarities. The new QUICKCALC palette (Ctrl+8) can:
* Perform a full range of calculations
* Convert from one system of units to another
* Use the Scientific panel for more advanced function
* Pass values back and forth to a Command or the Properties Palette
* Set Variables for use across AutoCAD drawings and sessions
I think you'll find this new tool comes in very handy! Just think of the possibilities - use AutoCAD to balance your checkbook? well maybe not...